The last quarter of 2013 saw me write more online and I got a taste for it. I have decided to increase the amount I write in 2014 and hopefully add writing to my income stream as a freelancer.
So who’s kicking off the new year with a photo project?
— RickNunn (@RickNunn) January 3, 2014
I saw him tweet this the other day and it inspired me to translate that to my blogging goals. I had also been following closely the awesome Blogging for Benjamin project within the WooThemes team, that saw a month of daily posts from the likes of Coen Jacobs, Mike Jolley and Patrick Rauland. This project yielded some great posts and was inspirational to follow.
So to give myself that little push to keep writing all year I am setting myself the target of a post a week for the next year. It is certainly not a hard target and I hope to write more than one a week, but it gives me some structure that should help stabilise my motivation.
Posts will be on various topics from WordPress, software development, fitness, and freelancing and will be posted here, polevaultweb, Dev7studios, FitPlan.it, and any blogs as guest posts. Like Blogging for Benjamin posts will need to be more than 300 words and can be scheduled for the future but not back dated.
To ease into the project this will count as my first post – week 1 and I will be updating this post with each article as it happens. If you do read the posts or follow this project I hope you enjoy it and I hope I can complete the project and come out of the year a better and more motivated writer.
- Week 1 - 52 Week Blogging Project
- Week 2 - Why I Changed My Code Editor
- Week 3 - Adding Code Customisations in WordPress the Right Way
- Week 4 - My Toolset
- Week 5 - Software Support is Hard
- Week 6 - WordPress in Its Own Directory & Cookies
- Week 7 - Introducing Instagrate Pro: Automatically Post Instagram Images to Your WordPress Site
- Week 8 - My Go-To WordPress Plugins
- Week 9 - Back to Basics
- Week 10 - Building Useful WordPress Plugins
- Week 11 - Open Source at Dev7studios
- Week 12 - 5 Ways to Synchronise WordPress Uploads Across Environments
- Week 13 - Setting up My Raspberry Pi as a Print Server with AirPrint Support
- Week 14 - Using Trello For Everything
- Week 15 - Developing For Ninja Forms
- Week 16 - Will WordPress be a Plugin Business Killer?
- Week 17 - File Uploads Gets Cloud Storage Integration
- Week 18 - Welcome WP App Store
- Week 19 - Harriet & Violet – One Year Old
- Week 20 - Pricing Models for WordPress Plugins
- Week 21 - Marketing WP App Store
- Week 22 - Better Time Management
- Week 23 - A New Look
- Week 24 - 3 Plugins That Changed How I Develop for WordPress
- Week 25 - ACF PRO and the Great Backward Compatibility Debate
- Week 26 - Workflow Automation for WP App Store
- Week 27 - Why I am excited about Themosis Framework